Thursday, October 14, 2010

{ i miss home }


I am having a week of missing all of the special people in our life back home in Australia.

I keep finding myself picturing what I would be doing if I was there right now...

- visiting my nephews out at the farm & trying out their new super fort -

- talking to my other niece or nephew in Ainsley's belly who is due to come out any day now -

- cuddling my newest nephew, Asher, who is getting so big that by the time I meet him he will be a squirming 9 month old -

- wandering down to the park near our old house to swing on the disc swing with Kael, who I think would just love it at the moment -

- escaping from the children for a shopping trip with my sister -

- making the most of mum's holiday next week by having lots of visits & playtimes with her & the boys -


Instead... I am here... many, many, many miles away from home & the people I love the most.




We are expecting lots of visitors in the next few months which is exciting for a number of reasons.

My cousin Sam is coming for most of November & we are looking forward to making the most of the fall weather. Family life with us may be a big change from his bachelor lifestyle he's been living in Vancouver for the last year but considering he is enamoured with Kael & Jamin I think it will be ok. At least he won't get woken up by the crying in the night downstairs in the basement.

Danny's parents are coming over for a white Christmas & we are so looking forward to fulfilling all of the American traditions around Christmas, including going hunting for a real pine tree. It is going to be a very special memory I think!

Then my Mum is coming over again to experience some real snow for the first time in her life. We are also planning on making the most of her babysitting skills & taking off for some time on the mountains snowboarding. It will be so good for her to see how different everything looks in winter time.




So there is a lot to look forward to & some very busy times ahead.

For now I guess I will just hold the special people back home in my heart & hope that I can experience all of those things I am yearning for when the time comes for us to go home.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you so much Allie. If you were here we could have cups of tea and cupcakes with mum on your back deck while the monsters... I mean Jamin and Kael... could run around screeching like banshees.

    Ah the serenity....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying at the thought of your sadness and hope it will pass quickly and sooooooo glad we are counting down to being with you and all the exciting things we will do, most of all, just being with YOU ALL! Love you all heaps

    ReplyDelete