
Jamin had his 1st bike crash a few days ago.
We were all set to go for an early afternoon ride to the park. I had Kael in the Chariot, Jamin on his Skuut bike & off he went down our not so flat hill before I could get on my bike.
I was a little concerned but he had ridden down the hill successfully once before so I just called out "crash onto the grass if you go too fast!", then proceeded to watch him going faster & faster. Next the speed wobbles came & the heart-rending "MUM!" before he went over the curb at the corner & crashed on the road.
Aaarghh!!! I threw my bike down, kicked off my shoes & raced down the hill to gather my boy into my arms. He was screaming & crying but there wasn't too much blood...
Predictably, his Dad was just a little bit proud of his boy's first bike wound...
Boys!
What have I gotten myself into?

Woohoo Jamin!! Welcome to the club mate :)
ReplyDeleteI hope he had a helmet on though Al?!
Greg
I wrote this post for you greg... so glad that you got to see it 1st!
ReplyDelete& yes of course he was wearing a helmet otherwise he would have had more than a scratch on his elbow!
Was the bike okay?
ReplyDelete(good work champ!! I can't believe your mum didn't get film!!!)
W