We woke up this morning to a foot of snow which was very exciting! Jamin got to have a little run around in it on our way out. The boys are having their first full day with their new family day carer, Ginger. We are all very excited about this development... actually I think it might just be Danny & I who are excited about having a regular break from the boys. The boys weren't real keen on going but here's hoping that they get used to it!
Danny & I were planning on going for a hike up in the mountains but with the 8 foot of snow they reported getting last night we opted to go to the climbing gym instead.
Danny & I started hanging out about 9 years ago as climbing partners. We had a lot of fun which after a lot of games & heartache resulted in a marriage, 2 kids & not much climbing. Funny how these things work. So we were pretty happy to go & check out this amazing gym not too far from us. It was unbelievably equipped & we both pretty much pumped out our arms after about 5 climbs. Mine are actually still sore a few hours later.
What a great date morning!
In a few weeks the ski resorts will open & we plan to head up there snowboarding on Wednesday mornings.
Ahhh the life?! Envy us much?

Hey Alison, I dreamt last night that I came and visited you. Sue was there too. (Hm I don't know if Mark was there?) It was snowing and you were saying you only had a little electric heater in the house which I thought was terrible! Dreams often show what is going thru our heads. 1) I've been looking at your blog and at the snow. 2) I'd love to travel and visit relos and 3) I reeeeeealy don't like being cold in my own house in winter. Have a great day. I'm glad you managed a date morning. Good on you! Diana M
ReplyDeletethat is so funny! we do have wonderful heating thank goodness! & even better - the company is paying the heating bill.
ReplyDeletewe would love to c you anytime you venture our way.
xox
Yep, envy you MUCH!!! But so glad you've been able to work in a little time for yourself. Lach has asked to go indoor climbing for his birthday this year...I'm really looking forward to it but too scared to do the maths and work out the last time I put on a harness and climbed!!! :) Hmmm he'll probably fit into my climbing shoes now...will have to dig them out!
ReplyDelete