This weekend we ventured out for a hike to Donut Falls. It was a great, family friendly hike which Jamin basically ran the whole way. I love it when I don't have to carry him in the backpack!
Danny actually took these first few photos as he was the one who got to climb up the falls to see the actual donut hole. I would have loved to follow him up but had to stay down the bottom with the boys. Jamin had a little climb up as far as Danny would let him. He wants to climb everything he sees these days!

This is the view from the top of the falls. You can just make out Jamin's blue jumper.

Jamin & I balancing across a tricky section on the way up to the falls.
I was able to get some good photos with our little point & shoot camera. I'm nothing like aunty Linda but I think I may be developing an eye for my own style of photography. I am hoping to get a slightly better camera for my birthday in a months time (hint hint family & friends who want an easy present idea for me!).

It was a very cold afternoon which has made me feel nervous about the winter that is coming our way. I do not 'do' cold very well & have absolutely adored the 2 consecutive summers that we just experienced. Danny is considering invoking a 'one whinge a week' clause about the weather when the snow comes. I'm not sure if that is possible...


Doing a great job with the photos Allie - I think all us kids have an eye for photos - must have come from Dad ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the shot of Jamin in grass in front if the big trees. You will be able to make a great photo book from the adventures in Utah!!
I think one winge a week won't be enough for the cold - you should get at least 3....but maybe because the American's "do" heating better than we do you may not notice it too bad??? Toowoomba is pretty cold too!
ReplyDelete